6 Home Buying Tips To Help You Close On a Home In Portland Today
The Portland-metro housing market is surging at an unprecedented rate, challenging homebuyers struggling to keep up with the demand.
It’s a seller’s market, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get ahead when buying a home. With the right preparation, and few home buying tips at your disposal, you can increase your odds of landing your dream home.
1. Get prequalified. It is the most important first step before looking for that new home because it shows you your purchasing power going into negotiations.
2. Work with a professional team that is on your side: lender, realtor and home inspector – make sure your team is responsive and adaptable. It’s important to have a local, reputable lender in your corner.
3. Do your market research. Know what has sold and for how much.
4. Educate yourself and understand the risks involved in any concession you make in the contract.
5. Have realistic expectations and be flexible. Accessibility, decision making and communication with your lender are critical factors throughout the process.
6. Take advantage of no-cost Home Buying and Home Selling seminars to get up to speed quickly. See dates and times, and register for a seminar.
If you ever have any questions about the home buying process, please call me or any of the Mortgage Relationship Officers in our team. We live for helping good people take big steps.
Posted by: Brian Devereux
About the author: Brian joined Unitus as the Vice President of Lending in September 2013. He has been in the financial service industry for 25 years and is responsible for leading the development and execution of lending strategies that meet members’ needs while supporting Unitus’ overall vision. Brian lives in Beaverton with his wife and two children.